Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Coffee never looked so good....

"Coffee Girls"
 
 These new tiles are the result of an online clay course I took this winter with artist Diana Fayt . Sounds a little awkward- online clay class, but like cyber school, it has its benefits!!
The course provided a study in several surface decoration techniques and allowed me to focus on drawing and painting through a printmaking-like process. I fought it at first-like my high school sudents-but now am in the middle of a love affair!!

 
Each tile goes through several surface layers of image and color. Mishima, stenciling, hand cut rubber stamps, waxing and sgraffito...it's an adventure.
 
 
These sweeties will be available this summer. June 29 2013 I'll be participating in the Pittsburgh Society of Artists ARTday event at the Mine Factory in Pittsburgh.
Hope to see you there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment